In fact, it would be impossible to include all of the best of the best of No Shame Theatre in
one evening. People have moved (perhaps too far away to return, or else to parts unknown),
pieces have been lost due to erratic archives, and we must face the simple limitations of time when
composing the roster for such an event. But in spite of these factors, we have managed to
assemble a truly excellent showing of talent from No Shame's first decade. And on that note,
here's the order for the evening. Enjoy the show!!
1. Brett Neveu, "I Like Wispy Clouds"
Performed by Brett Neveu and Adam Whisner
2. John Smick, "Fruitcake"
Performed by John Smick
3. Jeff Goode, "Cave Walruses"
Performed by Dan Gurler, Inger Hatlen, Amy Lynn Pigott, Cheryl Snodgrass, and Doug Steckel
4. Mike Geither, "Hey, This Really
Performed by Mike Geither
5. Scott Smith, "Julio"
Performed by Megan Gogerty and Cheryl Graeff
6. Carolyn Space Jacobson, "Limited Capabilities"
Performed by Carolyn Space Jacobson
7. Eric C. Johnson and Doug Steckel, "Sanford Meisner and
Performed by Eric C. Johnson and Doug Steckel
8. Greg Armknecht, "Pants"
Performed by Margaret DuBé
9. JP Claussen, Stephanie Frey, Larry Pontius, Benjamin T. Schmidt, "Waiting for Godot
to Leave" (1992-1993)
Performed by JP Claussen, Stephanie Frey, and Larry Pontius
10. JC Luxton, "Rex
'n' Effect" (1992-1993)
Performed by JC Luxton
11. Dan Gurler, "Candle"
Performed by Dan Gurler and Inger Hatlen
12. Eric C. Johnson, "Loud in Head"
Performed by Aaron Cain, Eric C. Johnson, and Seán Judge
13. Todd Ristau, "Rabbit"
Performed by Todd Ristau
14. JAB (John Smick, Adam Burton, Brooks Peck), "Pen Ni
Tsuite No Geki" (1995-1996)
Performed by JAB and Rob Frisch
15. Megan Gogerty, "Prepubescent
Performed by Megan Gogerty
16. Margaret DuBé and Jennifer Shepard, "The
Performed by Margaret DuBé and Jennifer Shepard
17. Peter Ullian, "Street of Dreams"
Performed by Peter Ullian
18. Mark D. Johnson, "WOW"(1988-1989)
Performed by Eric Pot, Jennifer Shepard, Todd Ristau, and Ashley Sovern
19. Clint Corley and Eric Summers, "4 Tall Men"
Performed by Clint Corley, Eric C. Johnson, Brett Neveu, Doug Steckel, and Adam Whisner
The No Shame Board would like to thank Alan MacVey and the University of Iowa Theatre Department for inviting No Shame to take part in its 75th anniversary celebration. We would also like to thank the many people whose time and effort helped make this event possible, in particular Margaret DuBé, and all of the actors and writers (those included in this program and all who have ever contributed to the No Shame stage in the past) without whom there wouldn't have been a tenth anniversary to celebrate.